Monday, December 29, 2014

holiday sewing

Catching my breath from the holiday hustle to share a few December sewing projects.


Mitten tree hot pads for Michigan hostesses.  I made the blocks with the modern trees pattern from Christa Quilts and In From the Cold fabric by Kate Spain.  Each one is quilted slightly differently.  24 corners equals lots of good mitered corner binding practice!

 
I also made this mini for our family Yankee gift exchange.  We are historic Cleveland Browns fans.  My sister chose the package and fell in love with it.  No one dared steal it from her!  The football block is from the Touchdown pattern by Cluck, Cluck, Sew.
 
I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season and finding time to breath!

6 comments:

  1. Wow!! What luck your sister had to pick that package!! Especially living in Cleveland!! I also love your mitten tree hot pads!! Let me know if you want to sell any of them!! I'm interested. Hope your Christmas was the best ever!! Hugs to you & your family. Love, j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute little trees Karen! I wish you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. I've given them all away over the holidays. We had a busy and fun holiday season.

      Delete
  3. The trees are cute and very neat! Good job with all that tiny binding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vera. My finger is now calloused and I no longer need a thimble!

      Delete
  4. Hey Karen...
    I'm reading older posts on your blog...you're amazing with all the quilts you have finished. Had to laugh at the Cleveland Browns fans part...we're currently living just south of Cleveland...and keep hoping MAYBE they'll actually have a team one of these years. Do you live near Cleveland?

    ReplyDelete