I choose solids from my stash for the giraffes and Andover chambray in black for the background.
Reminder: when you use a fabric where the warp and weft threads are different you need to pay attention to which way you place the fabric. I may have had to re-do a few of those ears to keep everything going the same direction...worth it!
I used a thin Hobbs cotton batting that I found at a sweet quilt shop when we made a quick stop while traveling through Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Their Row by Row license plate reads I Pine to Quilt. If you've ever traveled through the UP you'd totally get it and would probably have bought one too!
Back to the batting - it quilted beautifully and I will definitely be using it again.
I quilted this with what I'm now calling jagged little lines. It's time consuming but not hard and I really love the texture and look it produces.
For the backing I used this alphabet print from the Baby Jungle collection also by Andover.
I didn't have enough of any of the solids I used in the giraffes for the binding and couldn't find anything in my stash I liked for both sides so returned to this tutorial for a two sided binding. Again, the extra effort was worth it.
One of my favorite finishes ever!
Linking up with:
Lorna's Let's Bee Social
Pam's WIP's With Friends
Amanda's Finish it up Friday