Monday, June 30, 2014

more block playing

I been playing with blocks again and have some new ones to share with you.

 Here are the next three months (April, May, and June) of the Aurifil Block of the Month club.  


That makes six months completed.  No, I haven't won any thread yet!


These are "economy" blocks I've started making with red, white, and blue scraps.  I have joined the Ann Arbor Modern Quilt Guild and they donate quilts to veterans made with these.  I'll be keeping my red, white, and blue scraps separate to make these up a few at a time.

 
Here are some classic "churn dash" blocks I made as part of a quilt along with Amy Smart.  She has just published a book, "Fabulously Fast Quilts."  I'm enjoying it!


Finally, this is a "nested churn dash" block that was designed by Quilt Jane.  She has a contest going on that I'm not involved in.  I'm planning to use this on the back of the quilt I make with the blocks just above.

We are half way through 2014 now.  Just six more months till Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment