Tuesday, November 9, 2021

timber quilt

 I'm happy to share my finished Timber quilt!

Pattern is by Alison Glass and available here.  I made the quilt top during a sew along with Nicole from ModernHandcraft in spring 2015!  It's been hanging in a closet waiting to be quilted ever since.  I love it and I'm not sure why it took me so long to finally check this off my WIP (works in progress) list.

The fabrics are all from Carolyn Friedlander and Alison Glass collections.  Old ones!  I posted this photo during the quilt along.  I still love making flying geese blocks with my Quilt in a Day ruler.

I saved some of the fabric and a few blocks I never used in the top and last week I finally sewed them together into a backing.  I attached my walking foot and got to quilting.  I love straight line quilting - horizontal, vertical, diagonal, or any combination of them.

The batting is a cotton wool blend from Pellon.  It made a ton of lint in the dryer after it's first washing but I love the weight and feel of it.  

Six years to complete and I still love it.  That's a win!

I hope you have a win this week, too.  
Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment