Thursday, January 3, 2019

a neutral pow-wow

A catch up post because I've finally gifted the 3rd baby quilt  I made and photographed last fall. For this little guy I used the  Pow-Wow pattern by Cluck Cluck Sew.  
I changed up the bright colors for these darling low volume prints from Lizzy House's Whisper collection.


I like how they look with the stonewash Peppered Cotton background.  


My favorite print!


The back is this Lizzy House constellation print.  It's actually a mint color in real life but my camera wasn't seeing it that way.  I had it in my stash and it works perfect for this little one.  We've shared many an evening in Northern Michigan looking at stars and watching for the Northern Lights with his family.


I went with the orange print for the binding because I think it looks like the stitching on stonewashed jeans.  I love me a pair of comfy jeans!


I used request loft batting from Quilter's Dream for the wonderful drape.  How pretty does this quilt look hanging in a tree?  Hopefully, it will make a fun tent draped over a few chairs someday!


I hope you all had happy holidays and were able to do a little catching up of your own.  Here's to keeping up in 2019!



I'll be linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts 



No comments:

Post a Comment