Sunday, October 23, 2016

quinn's quilt


I'm repeating a pattern but it's so perfect for a baby, why not?  (First quilt is here.)  The pattern for this Medallion Baby quilt by Angela Pingel is available in her book, A Quilter's Mixology.


I again used super soft Art Gallery fabrics this time from the Priory Square line by Katy Jones.  Shout out to Llama Fabrics for still carrying the few bits I needed to complete this!

For the back these beautiful butterflies by Laura Gunn for were a perfect match - and in my stash!  Also, when your name is Quinn and I'm making you a quilt, it gets a special tag!

Keeping it cozy and classic I used Quilter's Dream cotton Select batting and quilted these clam shells with 40 wt Aurifil #2021.

Ready for cuddles!


Linking up with:
Sew Fresh Quilts - Let's Bee Social
Crazy Mom Quilts - Finish it up Friday  

12 comments:

  1. Karen, this is adorable! What a great way to use drunkard path blocks. Having the extra background turns it in a whole new design! I really like how you pieced the back also. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paige. In her book Angela calls this a classic "love ring" design. I've made two beautiful baby quilts with this pattern - so far! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, it's just so pretty! I'd love to have you link up to Finished or Not Fridays each week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful - lovely fabrics/colours - great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. It's a great pattern. The curves are pretty large so not too hard to keep everything lined up.

      Delete
  4. I love this quilt, the pattern is wonderful and these fabrics work so well for this. Beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful quilt and I love the quilting. I had to look really closely to separate the shell quilting and the drunkard's path blocks. Mixing the two makes the quilt so interesting! The pattern obviously works well with your mix of colors. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. The less dense quilting of the clam shells make this a cozy quilt after washing.

      Delete