Monday, March 14, 2016

horizon

Who doesn’t love a Jelly Roll Race quilt?  
This one was made with a Horizon Jelly Roll by Kate Spain.  Such pretty colors.

My daughter pieced the top as a way to practice her 1/4 inch seams.

I quilted it with a different pattern in each fabric.  Yep, that’s a lot of different quilting patterns.  Good practice for me as wellUnfortunately, I was not able to capture it in a photograph :(

The back and binding are also from the Horizon line.  I cut the binding on the bias because I think this print looks better if you don't try to line it up.

We gifted this joint project to my mother who just celebrated a big birthday.  She takes it with her to watch the sun rise on the Florida horizon!


Have a wonderful week!


Linking up with Let's Bee Social.

14 comments:

  1. HALLE!! What a nice surprise. Love your jelly roll. We just did a jelly roll event on past Wednesday. Thirty five women sewing donation quilts. Fun. It's as if we're sewing together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie. Fun indeed! I love when stuff like this happens!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much. It was a fun project to work on for her.

      Delete
  3. I love jelly roll race quilts too. Yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon. You don't have to think too hard so you can laugh and talk while working on them. Simple and fun!

      Delete
  4. Who wouldn't love to have this happy quilt?!! And how much more special being that it was made by her daughter and granddaughter together. Those fabrics are so happy and bright. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lorna. I agree, the colors in the Horizon line are so pretty.

      Delete
  5. Lovely quilt and what a fantastic gift for your mum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and relaxing colors, congratulations on this beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete