Monday, May 19, 2014

testing testing

I don't remember what I was searching for last summer when I found this.  It about knocked my socks off and I've been following Ahhh...Quilting ever since.  Recently she put out a call for pattern testers and I volunteered.  She picked me and look what I got to make!

I think she chose me because I have very little experience with applique, which is how this is made.


 It was fun to pull out some of my dad's old tools for tracing and cutting the pattern pieces.


Just one mistake here but luckily I noticed before I cut out all those little green wedges.  (I incorrectly adhered them to the RIGHT side of the fabric.)


I had a hard time photographing these colors for some reason.  I guess I need to Google that now.  Anyway, the greens go together much better than this picture shows and how perfect is that backing for a watermelon?

The pattern is now available on Craftsy.  Click here and give it a try!

Here's to summertime!

3 comments:

  1. I thought I had commented on this quilt!! I love this pattern and told you so at PEO. I just think the green is varied like a real watermelon, and the seeds are so clever too!! Love all the colors together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this!? It turned out fabulous! Love your fabric choices too! Thanks so much for testing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think May is the busiest month for moms. You were busy with end of school activities and making a wonderful teacher a beautiful quilt! I also posted a picture on the Craftsy projects page but I couldn't figure out how to link it to your pattern. Keep me in mind when you need more testing done. Thanks for stopping by here!

      Delete